USGBC is excited to offer scholarships for the 2016 Greenbuild International Conference and Expo in Los Angeles, California to qualifying individuals. USGBC’s scholarship is an investment in people who share our vision of ‘green buildings and communities for all’.
The goals of this scholarship are:
– Increase access to Greenbuild for people without the means to otherwise attend.
– Attract & welcome new faces to the USGBC community, especially those representing undeserved populations, professions and communities and strategic partners working in these communities.
– Expand participation in the USGBC network by providing a platform that facilitates connections between a diversity of people to share their knowledge, perspectives and passion.
– Invest in individuals who are positioned to advance the mission of USGBC.
The following scholarship types are available:
– Scholarship #1: Communities & Affordable Homes Summit Scholarship
Includes: Communities & Affordable Homes Summit registration (Tuesday October 4, 9:00 am – 5:30 PM PST). This scholarship is specifically reserved for minority professionals working in community development.
– Scholarship #2: Greenbuild + Communities & Affordable Homes Summit
Includes: Greenbuild full conference registration + Communities & Affordable Homes Summit registration + 1 year subscription with unlimited access to Education @USGBC (no travel arrangements or hotel lodging included)
– Scholarship #3: Greenbuild + Communities & Affordable Homes Summit + Travel & Lodging
Includes: Greenbuild full conference registration + Communities & Affordable Homes Summit registration + 1 year subscription with unlimited access to Education @USGBC + travel arrangements (up to $500) + 4 nights shared hotel lodging (Monday, October 3 – Friday, October 7)
– Scholarship #4: International Scholarships
Includes: Greenbuild full conference registration + Communities & Affordable Homes Summit registration + 1 year subscription with unlimited access to Education @USGBC + travel arrangements (up to $1,500) + 5 nights shared hotel lodging (Sunday, October 2 – Friday, October 7). This scholarship is specifically for individuals from developing nations in the following 5 regions. Preference will be given towards female applicants:
• Middle East and North Africa (MENA)
• Americas (Central America, South America, Canada, and Mexico)
**Please complete the following application by 11:59 PM ET on Thursday, June 23, to be considered for a scholarship in 2016. Applicants may only apply for one of the four scholarships.
Scholarship recipient eligibility criteria:
• Must be 18 years or older as of September 30, 2016
• Must have not attended any Greenbuild conference in the past prior to 2016.
• Must not be USGBC staff, USGBC Chapters staff, or hold a USGBC volunteer leadership position, (i.e. Board of Directors, committee member etc)
• Should demonstrate a valid and reasonable need for the scholarship evidenced by the inability to come to Greenbuild without scholarship due to financial, location, and/or professional constraints. Applicants should consider the question: Would I be able to come to Greenbuild without this scholarship?
• Should demonstrate a personal or professional background that merits receipt of a scholarship
• Should demonstrate a strong commitment to advancing the green building mission through engagement over the long term.
• Provide at least one letter of recommendation